Monday, October 29, 2007

That Felt Good


Had a pleasant Saturday at the Spensley St.Primary School fete. This must be one of the biggest fetes in inner city Melbourne, packed with secondhand delights and thousands of families.
Bought this little sew a felt pony toy kit, but I'm not sure if I can rip it open as the packaging is very lovely... and I will probably put it aside for ever as I do all sewing projects. It's not that I don't like sewing, I even studied textiles at uni, it's just that it doesn't come naturally any more, (a bit like maths!).

This is why I like to acquire cute felt things, like this resting bambi brooch by runwildhorses and little bat purse from Nepal, already made. Is it just me or are felt gifts everywhere.
One thing I need to do is encourage my daughter to keep sewing, as she shows promise.
I remember my Mum teaching me to sew on her old Singer.I also remember the needle going right through my thumb and nearly fainting!
Lily made this cushion for her yr 6 teacher last year, a very lucky teacher indeed!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, there is alot of felt creations around at the moment. But Im enjoying them alot !! I love your little bambi brooch...very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.