Sunday, January 6, 2008

"Betty Jo 2008" or "The return of the prodical Jeweller"

Betty Jo designs is slowly cranking up for a return to business.
After a brilliant holiday, lounging at the beach, reading, and op-shopping like a woman possessed, the New Years orders are starting up again.


The sun shone brightly, and the beach umbrella did its job nicely.

I have loads of newly acquired vintage buttons, pretty doilies and gorgeous old swap cards,(as well as so many other lovely treasures like vintage books, kitsch kitchenware and sweet vintage dresses, we needed to buy a big old suitcase to carry them home in).
Look at these Owl swappies...I found a whole album of old favorites.

Two pretty embroidered wall hangings.
And these were in the suitcase... too late for Christmas past, but looking good for this year.
Bestest New Years Wishes to all..... xxx Betty Jo

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had a great holiday.
    I remember I used to have swap cards of the owls on the right. As soon as I saw them they brought back memories. Nice !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous that you found those swap cards - I have NEVER ever found any in an op shop...you are very lucky!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had the owl swap cards as a girl. I love the wave of nostalgia you get when a childhood memory returns.
    The op shop they came from had gone "upmarket" so unfortunately they weren't the bestest bargain, but a great score none the less.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.