Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Winners.

I divided up everyones names into two groups , the Aussies and the rest of the World. So the winners of the two Betty Jo babushka brooches are..Black Crow from "Van Demons Land" and Double Winky from "The U.S.of A."
Thank you for all your lovely comments, and to those bloggers that linked to to this blog and alerted new readers to Lino Forest (especially Jodie from Ric Rac).

If anyone who missed out is keen to have a Betty Jo brooch or pendant (a late Valentines day gift for example) contact me for your closest stockist or look online at Georgielove for over 15 other cute designs.

On a more serious note, I'm still choking up with emotion when I think about the historical step forward Australia made yesterday by saying one small word....SORRY! So Go Kev!
And some of the Victorian readers maybe affected by the statewide teachers strike today.
Having been a Secondary teacher for many, many years, I give my full support to the teachers and their demands for a fair pay deal. It is only logical that the people we entrust to teach and nurture our kids should be rewarded with decent wages and conditions.

So have a lovely smoochy Valentines day, and big congratulations to the winners of the brooches.
I hope that from now on, our indigenous countrymen and women, and our hard working teachers are also Big Winners.

4 comments:

  1. ooh were you a teacher? I just finished working full time as a Year 9 Art/Multimedia teacher to work on my label and art full time.

    What did you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! I am so excited! Thank you so much! :)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anna laura,
    I was an Art teacher till I too gave it up to work on my jewellery at the end of 2003.(plus I had a baby, but as I was on a contract-no maternity leave) I don't miss the pressure and stress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations !!!!

    Teachers are special people !

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.