Saturday, March 8, 2008

Not more Babushkas!

Ok, I will have to get the Babushka out of my system. That folksy girl and her little sisters are still everywhere, and yesterday was a fine example.
Firstly, this pretty lino....... was turned into this brooch.The Lino was also "gleaned" from the Brunswick hard rubbish collection by Lou, who is the best at collecting the most amazing vintage fabrics, and now lino!
Then I popped into Seventh Gallery on Gertrude st. Fitzroy to see Anna Davern's show,"Nukk"(finishes today).
You have to be impressed when the humble wooden souvenir is recreated into this stunning array of wearable pieces and quirky rearrangements .


Anna had thoughtfully "scored" a large lino sample book for me. Like paint samples, it has names for the many hues like nymph green, elf blue, and the most inventive, Rembrandt palette!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.