Monday, November 10, 2008

These Vermin pay my Bills!

I finished the very amusing book "Like I give a Frock" today while sitting in a waiting room. Waiting, waiting, waiting. This observation regarding the over proliferation of cute woodland animals had me both agreeing wholeheartedly, as well as musing over how I must get home and make 40 more of these so called "Fashion Vermin" for orders in progress. Funny that both a Betty Jo Squirrel and Bunny have been featured on Michi Girl ( who wrote the book) over the years.This is from the archives...................
Leave it to Beaver- Friday, 16th March 2007
Top 5 Things You've Always Wanted To Know About Beavers But Were To Afraid To Ask:
The beaver is the 2nd largest rodent in the world.
You can make perfume out of the musk found in a beaver's tail.
A beaver can live up to 19 years.
A beaver's home is called a lodge.
I just realised this brooche is in fact a squirrel, not a beaver.
Leave it to BeaverMichi xx

But you can't beat the most exquisite illustrations in the book by Kat Macleod. Her one girl exhibition is currently showing at Lamington Drive in Fitzroy. Very gorgeous. It's right next to Third Drawer Down's new showroom where the Tea towel for Mum was purchased.

2 comments:

  1. Go the cute vermin! By the way, are you intewrested in more of those vintage felt animals for your creations? I saw a vintage felt game for sale recently... you might like. Let me know if you do and I can direct you to it online...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's me again. I just sent you the link... from my partner's email, so check your junk mail box! if it doesn't make it, send me another message. Megan xo

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.