Thursday, March 19, 2009

March Maddness

Even though March is not officially over I can say with utter conviction that it has been the maddest month in Betty Jo history.
Show aside, I have been shipping out goodies non stop to lots of lovely new stockists ( stockists page link in sidebar).
I'm happy to finally be selling Betty Jo in Tassie at Vulcanella in Latrobe.
Soul Sanctuary is in the exotic locale of Peregian Beach in Queensland ( I feel a trip up North on the horizon).
Flourish in Hyde Park, South Australia, National Gallery Shop in Canberra and a gorgeous Melbourne shop called Est in Hawthorn.
Tomorrow I'm sending off some pieces to EK Designs in Port Arlington on the Bellarine Peninsular. I used to holiday at this seaside town as a wee thing, staying in my Grandparent's fibro shack. I have great memories of those days, swimming and running amok with the kids in the camping ground.
Well, that's covered most of Australia, more parcels going to Perth, Sydney and Wellington in N.Z. in the coming weeks....then I may book myself into a retreat.

I must also mention the wonderful Rosalie Gascoigne retrospective that I saw at Ian Potter Gallery. So many people at the Stitches and Craft Show asked me if I had seen her linoleum collages and installations. I even mentioned to one woman I felt like I was channelling Rosalie at times as she was such an inspiration. It was sort of a joke, but would you believe it , the woman was into psychic stuff and took me very seriously....Na Na Na Na( Twilight Zone theme music) .Thanks for all the Happy Birthdays yesterday.....very much appreciated :-)

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh a retreat does sound nice. I think anyone who does "
    The Show" deserves a Retreat.... don't you? It was lovely to catch up with you last week. I've worn my cuckoo clock just about every day :)
    Ann Marie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think u deserve yr success, how fab and happy belated birthday wishes

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.