Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Pretty Birdies


Last week I was browsing in the uber cool store "Husk" in Collins St. Melbourne, when I noticed a selection of these gorgeous birdy brooches by British jeweller, Tamsin Howells.
As I'm totally enamoured with birdy jewellry, I had a look on her website, and sent her a message of appreciation. Tamsin lives in a town outside Oxford called Thame, and creates really unique and quirky pieces. For the birdy range, she sandwiches jewel coloured foil (chocolate and lolly wrappers?) between plastic. She will also customize a brooch using the fallen feathers of your pet bird. If only Bindi ( the budgie, not the Irwin ) was still alive.

1 comment:

  1. I hope Tamsin hasn't been washed away in the floods!! Crazy!! Sweet birds though, we just don't have anything like it up here in the Territory. I'll send a hello to the next Betty Jo brooche wearing who comes by my stall. Love Posie

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.