Saturday, January 19, 2008

It's all about the Lino.

Some of the best lino I have acquired has been found lining old cupboards and dressers.
Other fabulous pieces have been hidden under more modern floor coverings for decades.
This abstract piece was rescued from some old kitchen cupboards and put me in mind of a"Mondrian". So I've now framed it. It will never be used for my jewellery... I promise.
Another blogger found this gorgeous floral lino while renovating her wardrobe.

And the award for the most amazing and inspiring use of salvaged vintage lino in the creative field goes to... Bill Miller of Pittsburgh U.S.A. for these beautiful collages. Yes, it's all done with lino!


There is a contact on the artists website where people can donate lino.
I have been lucky to have some excellent donations, and will always provide a Betty Jo piece or two as a thankyou! So please keep your eyes open for me.

2 comments:

  1. What amazing work and I love that abstract lino. We have some boring old brown stuff getting ripped up this year but it is UGLY and not very old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unbelievable. That is so clever.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.