Monday, January 28, 2008

Andy is the Reason

Sometimes all I need is an excuse! A passing comment by my daughter the other day,"I wish we could see the Andy Warhol exhibition" has spurred me into action.
As it is only showing in Brisbane, I decided a holiday was in order and with a click of the mouse, flights were booked to Byron Bay, and a trip up to the Qld. Gallery of Modern Art is scheduled.
Betty Jo designs stocks the gift store at the Qld. Art Gallery, and will also be delivering some new work to Craft Qld. so it will be fun to see these stockists for the first time.

Andy Warhol would be one of the biggest influences in my early creative life. I revered his work while studying Art at uni. and his Pop Art imagery still has a resonance in my life today.....I am one excited little vegemite!
A screen print done at Uni. I think my sister had the original, now long gone in the blur of many share households.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.