Monday, April 7, 2008

This Is the Family Jewels (Not!)

I don't wear much jewellery any more, so my favorite stuff sits in a pretty china platter on the dressing table. ( most of it has had a mention on his blog!) The coloured beads are Casien, which is an old plastic derived from milk powder.I have a gorgeous old Japanese lacquerware jewellery box that I rarely use, so when I went to photograph it I remembered my son had filled it with old costume jewellery and had pretended it was a pirates treasure chest(minus the ballerina whom I replaced). I must say I was impressed with the fact that Kootoyoo has a decoy jewellery box (if only I had some "real" stuff to hide!) And the brooch storer by Quilting Mick is a brilliant idea ( if you leave a comment there, you may win a prize!)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely colourful collection. Thank you for sharing.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. your creations are soo cuteeee!! >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dick&Dora,There is a space left in the corner for a Wed Wabbit brooch,I really mean it!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of beautiful things there - but those beads!!! Oh my, they are really gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow the coloured beads are lovely. I didn't know anything about Casien. I think some google research might be in order.

    I don't really need a decoy either - but my Non (whose brilliant idea it was) did. She was ACE.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.