Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Need Sweetness.

I usually keep things cheerful here at Lino Forest. No niggley moaning or sighing, but today seems to be a moaning, sighing day. Mainly to do with putting off dentist visit, rain all day and lack of BIG kind hands to push me into my chilly studio to work on orders for 2 nice shops, "Store"in Perth and "The Hive" in the A.C.T.
Because of afore mentioned dentist putting offness, I can't even have a nice little something sweet and delicious to perk me up. So I had a little look here and these beautiful necklaces were just the sweetness I needed.

Last week I mentioned I would really love to find a certain Little Golden Book.
Well, this came yesterday, a donation from the lovely Queen of GoldenBooks. Thanks heaps Gillian. It's bringing back lots of memories.

The teary lion in curlers used to crack me up!

4 comments:

  1. I am pleased that you were able to be perked up. I received a gift recently that was a golden book called "Susie's new stove". It has pride of place in my kitchen, isn't it great to have memories brought back through these treasures, have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending you a little bit of winter cheer too. Those necklaces are really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that the book arrived yesterday, before a glum day like you are having today. How was the big intro read last night?
    And what beautiful necklaces. What statements!
    Cheer up and bring on the dentist (no, no-one throw a fish at me for saying that!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG OMG OMG!!! I totally forgot about the WHEN I GROW UP book! I used to have that book at my grandma's house and it was one of my faves!!!!
    Oh such sweet memories...thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.