Thursday, August 25, 2011

Farewell Winter

Ok. We can pretty well say that's Winter over and done with in Melbourne for another year.
Good riddance I say. There's been too many days spent huddling round the heater in my studio trying to thaw out before I start working for my liking. Not to mention the killer lurgies.
Spring is heralding lots of creative happenings (and hopefully lots of Betty Jo business!) .
I'm just about to pack up some goodies to send up to the new store Follow, in Surry Hills.
Brooches
The dynamic duo from Finders Keepers, Brooke and Sarah have just opened this lovely looking space in an old Chemist shop. Just look at the original wooden display cases. (pic.via Candy Stripe blog) .
I'm planning on a jaunt up to Sydney very soon to see it in person although sadly I won't be able to make it to the launch.But I will be making it to the launch of The Brunswick Show at Donkey Wheel House Basement gallery on Saturday September 3th. This year will see more 100 artists all mushed up and friendly in the one gallery - amongst them will be Shaun Tan, Carla Fletcher, and Mick Turner!
My Bird O' Paradise will be hanging out there too, before it flies up to live in sunny Brisbane.
I'll be updating more crafty events on the Spring calender in the coming weeks like classes, sculpture workshops, magazine launches and giveaways. Bring on the busy!

2 comments:

  1. oh no, I read your blog the day I got back from Sydney! and even more annoying, I drove down Cleveland St Surry Hills TWICE!!!
    oh well, next trip I'll visit that amazing store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's hope Follow is still there for many years to come Lyndel.
    So on our next trip we won't miss out on a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.