Monday, April 5, 2010

April Stash Bust

In celebration of the 40th anniversary of Earth Day, for the entire month of the April, I'm pledging not to buy any new craft materials, tools or supplies for the April Stash Bust!
That means I
must make at least one project from my materials stash using only what I have on hand.
Kinda easy for me really, as I rarely ever use new materials in my work except clock motors and jewellery findings, (as well as adhesives and stickers) . Luckily I have recently stocked up on these materials, so I won't need to buy any more this month.My first project is a new Owl Clock for Craft Victoria.
De-Stash Owlie
Lino from here and here, vintage buttons from the Daylesford Bazaar which I managed to visit on my recent trip up to Daylesford, and mdf from the Salvos in Abbotsford (great score at $2 a big sheet).
If you are keen on joining in go over to Cosa Verda and get the details.
I must mention the fabulous weekend I've just had up in Daylesford. First stop was the Makers Market which was full of gorgeous crafts from local and Melbourne creatives. It was so busy it seemed I couldn't turn around without bumping into a crafty friend! Allison from Lark sums it up pretty well here.
Or course I visited the "must not miss" Lark shop and while there dropped off some new Betty Jo goodies. Nice and ready for the expansion of the shop "grand re-opening".
Also visited my favorite secondhand haunts and then me and the boy headed out to Yandoit to stay with lovely friends on their historical property (with no phone connection, power or Internet...bliss!). Amazingly the Easter bunny found us and hid some eggs for the kids to hunt!! So there was sweetness as well as bliss!

3 comments:

  1. Ah - what a lovely weekend you've had!

    Using your stash is such a great idea. Unfortunately I think I'd run out of zippers before then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a similar picture in my blog.....under the label: piles.
    Great blog you have! And I like your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle,I'm endeavouring to only buy second hand if I get desperate!
    Thanks for dropping by Lisa. I love your wood pile.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! It's very nice to receive your comment. I'll go and visit you too.